Friday, January 1, 2010

Thank God That's Over

I fucking hate the Christmas Season. I hate the stupid sweaters, the tacky decorations, and most of all, the terrible music. It's all too goddamn major and/or Jesus-y. I'm not into that shit. I'm all for a little bit of "perky" every once and a while (see: the Flaming Lips), but when it's mixed in with the schlocky, the tacky, and the overplayed, it becomes utterly unbearable. The only Christmas music that comes close to being bearable is the stuff Elvis did in the 50s and Handel's Messiah, which, shock and awe, is actually for Easter. And that Elvis stuff gets old quick. Still, there is one aspect of Christmas that my selfish, consumerist, proto-libertarian self does enjoy: the free shit. And boy did I get some nice loot this year. Money, iPhone, new goddamn bass, wah pedal, some interesting books; put it all together and I made out like a goddamn bandit.


But that's enough about everyones favorite bastion of consumerism. It's 2010, and I'll give you a whole e-cookie if you can figure out what my resolution was. I feel like I should talk about the past year or something. About how 2009 was some kind of "Year of the X" or how "Event Y" will shape 2010. The thing is, I don't see much that's significant about this year. I turned 18, Obama "fixed" the economy, Avenged Sevenfold's drummer died, Republicans were morons, Democrats were morons, and life just kind of went on. Next year, I'll turn 19, politicians will still be morons, and I don't know what the fuck the economy will do. But that's not important. It's 2010, bitches. Pour yourself a goddamn beer, you survived.


Peace out, bitches.

4 comments:

  1. Dude! Where the fuck you been!?!?

    You know you're supposed to blog more than like once every fucktillion years, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong! Crazy shit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY NOW. Carol of the Bells is not shitty. That is a threatening Christmas song if I have ever heard one. I expect words to flash across the screen when I hear it, saying "This Christmas... block your chimneys... cause Santa Claws is comin' to town. And he knows when you are sleeping."

    This is from A SCARY ANONYMOUS PERSON I BET YOU CANNOT GUESS WHO IT IS THAT I AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your spicy language Jim.
    That was downright poetic.

    ReplyDelete